Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Long time no see

Some of you may be wondering what ever happend to my Aloha Album quilt, its still around, simmering on a back burner. I managed to get two blocks done while in New Mexico. I wanted to finish at least one so Mom could see it with her own eyes. This is the first of the two. She was surprised by how big the blocks are. I guess I never included anything to indicate scale, so the 18 inch plus block surprised her. It is going to be finished to 18 inches, but right now its untrimmed and is probably 20 inches square give or take a half inch. I think the orchids turned out very nice. I am half tempted to ink some spots on the orchids, but hesitate because the only fix if I mess up is to pull it off and redo it with a new piece of fabric. So I think I will err on the side of caution just now. My plate is full and I do not want to create more work for myself. I have been in the habit in recent months of taking on new projects before finishing the old ones...as a result I have four unfinished quilt projects two of which have completion deadlines. So I have dropped the two that have no deadline in favor of the two that do...well sort of dropped them. One is so close to being finished that I hate to ignore it altogether, so I spend a little time on it now and then hoping to keep it moving toward the finish line. When its finally done I will take up the Aloha Album again. But as Bob as my witless I will not take on another quilt project until the ones I have started are done!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. You do such nice applique. I know what you mean about too many projects. I'm trying to finish up some of mine so I can start anew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kit, You know it was you who got me all interested in applique. You showed me a quilt you were working on once and it fairly took my breath away. Then I watched you applique some hearts on a baby quilt one night at EFM and you did such neat and precise stitches...I wanted to sew like you one day, and maybe one day I will!

    ReplyDelete