Friday, September 9, 2011

Honu Quadrille

This is the last of my Hawaiian applique blocks for my Aloha Album quilt. I was a bit intimidated by this block, the inner segments of the turtle shells had me on edge. I finished it while in NM and was surprised at how easy it was to do, it turns out I worried over nothing. Us chronic worry worts do that a lot. Now I worry if I will ever get time to sew another Aloha album block...But its probably a waste of energy too because the quilts that are keeping me from it are coming along nicely and I will be able to add the Album back into the rotation in a few months. I look forward to it, I miss the trips down memory lane that working on this quilt has triggered.

3 comments:

  1. So did you reverse applique the shell pieces? Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually no, they are not reverse appliques, just needle turn applique. Each center piece of the 4 shells was cut into the segments, I basted them back in place like a jigsaw puzzle and did the needle turn technique and Voila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-read what I wrote and I should have said, this is the last of my Hawaiian quilt blocks that I have finished, not the last I have to do!

    ReplyDelete