Monday, January 24, 2011

Home at Last

Zach Calls New Mexico home now, and I am glad. He is happy there and Oma's house has always been a home for Zach. When he was little, and maybe still now, he loved to come upon Oma's house after dark when the big picture window was glowing golden and inviting him in. He said it always felt very warm and welcoming to come to Oma's house. So I am glad he has that now, especially when he needs it most. But what I needed most lately was to have him here with me for a while. So his trip here was just what the doctor ordered. I had to snap a picture of him as he was flopped out in his bed making what we always called "Zach's room" really his for the first time since we moved here two summers ago. Finally, with Zach in his old bed under his old quilt did I finally feel home at last.

3 comments:

  1. There he is. I remember that tall drink of water. I am sure he appreciates having his own room in S.Cakalaka. Nice he got to visit and see his mama and papa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to have him here. I cannot wait till summer and we get to bring him back for more fun and excitement! Last night my phone rang and it was Zach but when I answered he was not speaking to me. He had "butt dialed" me. I could here snatches of conversation and I figured out he was carting something out to a customer at Sears and was making small talk with them. It was nice to hear his voice and get a glimpse into what he does when I am not around. The last time he "butt Dialed" me I got to hear him blast The Ramones on his car stereo as he drove to work...I wonder what the next serendipitous call will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having him in the actual house makes it a home. That is why you can settle in now.

    ReplyDelete