Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Confessions of a technophobe

Ok, So I was watching the Celebrity Apprentice the other night and was startled to see mAdd Imageyself looking back at me from the unlikely face of Rod Blagojevich. Not being a seedy Chicago politician, a man, or even dark haired for that matter... you might wonder why did I identify with that strange little man. Its because I am almost as unable to navigate through our technology bound world as he. I hate uploading photos, I hate attaching files, I hate fiddling with my desktop whatever. But I adore all the uber kewl things that one can do with technology these days, so I am forcing myself out of my Blagojevichesque comfort zone and into the world of blogs and Etsy and Ebay...I have been here before, once, for a very short while. I was invited to contribute to a friends blog and I did a few times but it took such an emotional toll on me trying to upload my photo's that I fell away fairly quickly. Now that we ditched our Kodak easyshare software in favor of Picasa ( Thanks Junie!) I have actually managed to post new listings on my ETSY site YankeeDimes and again with Picasa and blogger.com I am attempting to blog...I want a really visually appealing blog, and I know its not there yet, but baby steps people, I am taking baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment