Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring in Columbia

I have to admit that when we first moved here last summer I did not have an affinity for South Carolina. Now that I have seen it in the spring time, I am beginning to feel differently toward it. It really is at its most beautiful at this time of year. The one thing that really stands out is the pine pollen. It coats everything in yellow dust thick enough to write your name in and runs in golden rivulets down the pavement if you get it wet. It reminds me very much of the fine red sand that sifts onto the sills through closed windows during a high plains sand storm.

My battle to conquer my techno fear continues. This morning I spent a full hour trying to upload my little bee picture we took at a nearby state park. I finally found the problem...I had failed to click a check mark in the "I accept" box next to the terms of service...honestly....

2 comments: