Friday, September 10, 2010

Sunshine and Shadow

Now that I have done blocks that represent my ancestry, and my extended family, Its time to move a little closer to home...well a lot closer actually. This is the first block I chose to do to represent me. Its called Sunshine and Shadow. I chose it because my life has been a pretty good mix of both good and bad. As I was thinking on it though I came to realize there are not many in this world, if indeed any at all, who could not say the same thing. We all have our sunshine and shadows. For me, my biggest shadows were losing my dad way too soon, and then an ongoing decades old relationship with cancer. Of course that one also falls in the sunshine column, for who when once diagnosed with cancer would not want to have decades to deal with it, rather years or months. But there are things that land solidly in the sunshine camp, things like my family, my friends and my marriage to a very good man, and our son who makes us proud on a daily basis. I had 14 years with Milford, the best dog ever and a chance to travel the world and live in some amazing places, so when it all shakes out, I can happily say I have had more sunshine than shadow, and hope that is true for all the people I love.


3 comments:

  1. You know, I think most people would agree with you.Even I have had more sunshine than shadow when I really think about it. Thanks be to God! My life is full of the Lord and good people especially my family of whom I am VERY PROUD! Shadows............... seem so small compared to the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine and shadow, a nice way to put perspective on life's ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cameron! I hear you get to put "Great at Football" in your sunshine column, I wish I were there to watch you play, your Mom says you are a natural at it.

    ReplyDelete