Monday, December 6, 2010

Mom's Mijita


We are dog people, and have always been dog people. So when Mom decided the time had come to get a dog we were all on board. After some looking and asking around Jenny announced that she had just the sort of dog Mom was looking for. That's when Mija and Mom both hit pay dirt. Mija could not ask for a better situation. She is loved and fussed over and has a life that pound puppies dream of. Her boy was even adopted into the family and Junior now lives with Jamie , Sue and the kids. Mija and Junior even get to see each other once in a while. And for Mija, once in a while is enough. Junior, a chiweenie, is a spitfire and is about all his mom can take.

Mom has the dog of her dreams. Mija is good natured, smart, full of personality. She stuffs a remarkable amount of dog in that tiny little frame of hers. She may be small, but she is all dog! There is just enough mischievousness in her to keep things interesting, but not so much as to take the joy out of having her around. Like the rest of us, Mija is a chow hound and it was not long before she succumbed and put on some weight. The good news is that like the rest of us, She is learning that less is more and has started off on the long road back to slimville.

I wonder when Steve and I decide to start looking for a pup if we will find one as good as Mija? We will get to have some furry company in a few days. Our friends the Craines are going to Florida for 10 days and we are going to keep their two dogs for them while they are away, Frazier is a rat/jack russel mix, and Ollie is all jack russel. It will either send us strait out to find a pup of our own, or it will remind us why we decided to wait in the first place.

4 comments:

  1. I could have told that story better if I tried! you are so right, Mom and Mija truly go together! I love taking O'malley to see his mother, it is a great reminder to all of us that Mom and Mija were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops met could not have tole it better! Don't you know Mija's boy jumped in my lap as I was typing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on and saw my gorgeous girl looking back at me. She is wonderful, we couldn't be happier. She is a good dog full of personality. She absolutely adores Zach and goes wild when he comes.I do love her! She is the dog of my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has come a long way from the days when she was scared of anything in pants, now she and Zach are like two peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete