Monday, May 10, 2010

The curse continues

















OK, Now its starting to get weird,but you really cannot appreciate the full twilight zoniness of this whole episode until I fill you in on the rest of what has happened since Steve failed to ask permission for the second photo of Robert the Doll. On our return from Florida the first time, you know the one without the back seat to our van...we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch and a server dropped a glass near our table and my ankle was cut by a flying shard of glass. We half hoped this would entitle us to free desert or a discount perhaps, but no, it only garnered us a complimentary band aid. Then on to the house where I discovered the rather expensive shirt I bought in Key West as a souvenir was a size too big. I thought " no worries" I'll slap some darts in there and it will fit like a glove, and it would have too, except I snipped a hole in it as I was trimming the threads...now its destined to be in quilt one day. All of that is unfortunate but is it the product of a curse? I don't know. What I do know is that on the second return trip Steve was suddenly and mysteriously taken ill. He went to bed more or less healthy and woke up too sick to drive. So I drove us the 10 hours home and he sat with a barf bucket in his lap and a look of pure misery on his face. For those inclined to believe in such things, what I have told is more than enough to convince them that we are paying the price for that unauthorized photo, but for those who are more skeptical, I have only this to add. This morning when I pulled up my blog to add this post I noticed that one picture was missing from my blog. All the other pictures were there, but the picture Steve took of Robert the Doll was missing and in its place was nothing more than that annoying red X that sometimes shows up where a picture is supposed to be. I added the picture back, lets see if it stays this time.




4 comments:

  1. I'm not at all sure I want to see Robert, but I have seen him and I am trying to remove the image from my mind. As Martha and I would say it's way too woo-woo for me.

    Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blogs. You remind me of Mark Twain as you put such a great twist of humor in your stories. Reading them is so reminiscent of sitting at your house in Hawaii and listening to you. You are indeed my tusitala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, Dumb it down for me a bit Junie, by Tusitala do you mean story teller? I no can tell...What ever it means, I am sure I would love it. Who could not after such nice words?

    ReplyDelete