Friday, May 7, 2010

It's all Robert's fault

















I am not one to believe in curses, I think if there is any real power in a curse its the power of suggestion and nothing more. Having said that, I would like to suggest that we have been victims of the curse of Robert the doll. In Key West there is a doll on display in a museum that had at one time belonged to a resident. It's believed that the doll bears a curse that now effects all who photograph the doll without first asking permission. As skeptical of these things as I am, I look like a true believer when compared to my husband who is the most skeptical person I know. poo-pooing the curse, Steve was loath to ask the doll permission before snapping its picture. Still, he played along and did ask the first time he took a picture, but I was listening when he spoke to the doll a second time. He did not ask permission for the picture above, he only informed Robert that he was taking it. Woe be unto him to fails to ask permission....The next day Steve loaded our van full of our suitcases for our 10 hour drive from Miami to Columbia. He might have noticed that there was ample room for our things back there, more room than usual. We had taken the back bench seat out of the van to make room for all the suitcases, and beach gear when we were heading to Key West. He completely forgot to put it back in the van for our trip home and we did not notice it missing until we pulled into our garage in Columbia. So in about an hour we are climbing back in the van and returning to Miami to collect the rest of it. Is it a curse, or just an ever more common senior moment? I have to ask is there really a difference?

2 comments:

  1. Good question. I think they may be one and the same!Have a good trip.I'm surprised you are going so soon.

    Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe that I had to re-post the picture of Robert because it mysterioulsy dropped off my blog...

    ReplyDelete