Saturday, May 22, 2010

The somewhat daily beast




A while back I heard mention of a news blog by Tina Brown titled "The Daily Beast" I wondered at the name, thinking it was such an odd and funny name for a news blog . Now I have a theory...Fast Forward a month or two to the time I started thinking of having a blog of my own. I was full of ideas and eager to start. I would post something daily and it would be a great way to showcase whatever creative endeavor I was in the throes of at a given time. A safe bet I reckoned because I am always in the throes of something! But the daily posts began to dwindle to two or three a week, and then even fewer, now if I can manage a new post twice a week its been a good run. (sad when you consider how new my blog is) The problem is with the pictures really. I have not wanted to fool with uploading pictures. Now that Steve has his new camera he uploads the new shots to his computer and that introduces a whole new layer of technology I have to wade through to get the pictures I want for my blog, and thus far, I have been unwilling to do it. So the eagerness to post new posts has started to fade and I remembered the news blog, and thought I bet she calls it the Daily Beast because it lurks there in background with its threatening presence until she fulfills her daily duty to it; updates and posts etc...Of course she is Tina Brown and I know she has minions to do her bidding, still the beast lurks no matter who you are!
But there is new hope for fending off my somewhat daily beast. It comes in the form of the next quilt I am undertaking. Its blocks will be the inspiration for my posts for the foreseeable future, but fear not gentle reader, it will not be as much about quilts as you might think. I will interject the odd unrelated post as the whim occurs, and hopefully there will be plenty of good pictures. I have commandeered the old camera and it will be mine to do with as I will. Its not a bad camera either the picture of Mungo up there was taken with it at the Columbia Zoo not two months ago!

7 comments:

  1. Oh the daily beast,if you run out of ideas you can always through up a picture of an apple and blog on the woes of the public education system. A good place for a source of pics is yahoo images, a plethera of photos to match just about anything! just plug something into the search and Shazam! And if all else fails through up a random picture of steve and blog about what the look on his face might mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog is so cool! It cracks me up! You so funny Kellie Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading it. You will be a topic for a post soon, so check back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo! Hoo! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always exciting when my girls get together. I never know what will happen,
    In "submission"
    Omar

    ReplyDelete