Thursday, October 28, 2010

The quilt top is finished!

Here it is, the finished family tree/diary quilt that I have been blogging about for the last several months. I think it looks pretty good, what do you all think? Of course it's not finished yet. I sent it to my long arm quilter who will quilt it on her special machine and then I will add the binding a rod pocket on the back so I can hang it on a wall. The bottom right block is actually an envelope pocket and inside I will put a key to the meaning of the quilt blocks. I have it already printed on a piece of fabric that I will fold up and keep inside so that years from now somebody will have the fun of deciphering it.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! What will it's overall size be when complete? I love the idea of the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the quilt and have enjoyed the stories of the blocks. What a journey! Clever idea of the key. Reminds me of the Christmas pickle that we started doing on our tree after getting to know the Wachters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys, The quilt is small, less than 40 inches square. It will be a good wall hanging, but not much else. I am glad you guys have fun with the pickle ornament June. Sometimes I write an I Spy poem for the tree and then let them knock themselves out trying to spot the things listed like "On our tree you will find a buzzing bee and a fruit with a rind; three pachyderms and a house, the gingerbread kind...I did that as a party game once and it was a big hit. Of course with your Chinese themed tree you will have to scout out some things in CHina town for some variety. Lets see "On my Chinese tree there are five fish of gold, a bowl of rice, some lucky coins and a China girl who is oh so nice" You get the idea...

    ReplyDelete