Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Z is for Zachary








This block is the Signal Flag design for the letter Z- Z for Zachary! I remember the exact moment when we chose the name Zachary for our still yet to be born baby. For some reason I never chose a girls name, only a boys. I did not know till he was born that he was a boy, the ultrasounds never showed us one way or the other, still I must have known because in my mind he was always a he and never a she.


We were at our own going away party hosted by Steve's office at Cannon AFB. It was at the restaurant above the bar at Western Skies, that then turned into China Star before burning down...We were sitting at the table talking over possible names and when the name Zachary came up we all liked it because it had the same hard ch that is in Wachter, and then Caroline Sherman said " I can hear it now...Zach Wachter...."and that was it. No need to look further, we had found the name. I hope he likes it...Having a name you like is a good thing. My name has been interpreted to mean Battle Maiden, at first I was not sure about that, but it has grown on me, seeing I have had a few battles to fight, its good I have the name for it. My friend Naomi gave me my name in Hawaiin, she took it from the literal translations of Wahine Koa to a more poetic and infinately more fun to say Kawahinewiwo'ole Which means fearless woman.

Zachary's name means Remembered by God. Since he was our one an only after my chemotherapy, I think he was remembered by God and he still is. I know because it's been repeatedly demonstrated throughout his 19 years. I tell him that good fortune follows him where ever he goes, but it would be more accurate to say that God remembers him where ever he goes.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to hear again these things. I have heard them before, but you know how things don't stick with me.Zach is quite the boy rapidly turning into a wonderful young man. I am so glad that we get to have this time together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing makes me happier than to know that you and Zach are friends. Not just Grandmother and Grandson, but true friends who enjoy spending time together, and while I wish he was closer to me, I am greatly consoled that you two are getting to have a time together that is just for you. You really did not get much of that when he was growing up, but you are sure making up for lost time!

    ReplyDelete