Friday, June 4, 2010

And now for someting completely different

You can almost smell the wonderful scent of rose wafting through the air can't you! Its a gorgeous blossom too, a fine example. Would you believe me if I told you it was fake? Thats right, this beauty comes to you courtesy of a 40% off coupon at Michaels. Isn't it amazing? I took one look at it in the store and had to have it. I have never seen a more convincing artificial flower ever! The petals even feel velvety in my fingers the way a real rose would. Some of the petals are showing signs of age, and the odd little genetic hicups that real flowers have, a strange color anamoly or an odd shaped petal. The down side is that they are $8 a pop. As good as they are, I cannot justify $8 a piece for artificial flowers. But with judious coupon clipping and redeeming I have accumulated three of these bad boys in pinks and yellows, and I have coupons for three more! Now I need to get some rose scent and the perfect flower basket or vase and the isllusion will be complete!

4 comments:

  1. Is this a picture of the artificial rose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Can you believe it? I stuck it in a bush in the backyard to get the leafy background for the photo, but the flower is the one from Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I can't believe it.It looks like some of the roses in Granny's back yard. and the climbers on the north side of the house. Though it looks bigger than those. How big is it?
    Have fun on your trip. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Hard to believe, it looks so real. Amazing how realistic silk flowers can be these days. Have fun on your journey and don't pick up any hitch hikers. There's no room in the Mini anyways!

    ReplyDelete