Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Birds revisited




I have been enchanted with birds lately. Maybe its the warm weather bringing new and interesting visiters to my yard, or maybe I am developing an eye for spotting who has been there all along. I know that happens. I can spot sea glass at 10 paces now, when before it practically had to jump up and shout "Here I am" before I noticed it. I think maybe its a little of both. In just the past few weeks I have been treated to a rainbow of birds. The two pictured above are among my current favorites. The Eastern Towhee, and the eastern Bluebird. The Bluebird might as well have jumped up and shouted "Here I am" It flew to a trellis a few yards from the back door where I stood and perched there long enough for me to get bored looking at it. Maybe I should have relished the moment more, he has not been back since and I wonder if I will get a chance to see him again. I will keep the feeder filled and the binoculars at the ready just in case.

1 comment:

  1. It really is fun to spot the different birds. Now that I have 4 legged animals I don't feed them anymore. Miss them but guess you can't have everything.
    Love, Omar

    ReplyDelete