Monday, November 15, 2010

Sturm und Drang in South Kakalaka

So Steve and I were sitting at Five Guys last night enjoying a tasty cheeseburger when all of a sudden Steve says "Oh Crap!" "What, WHAT?" I say...Steve then tells me that he just realized his high year of tenure, the magical thirty years that mark his retirement date from the military will fall a few months short of a full three year tour in Germany. SO this means there is a good chance we will NOT be able to go. All bets are off, but because his assignments come out of the Chiefs group and not the general enlisted assignment system, they play by a different set of rules and he may still be as eligible as we had originally thought before the Five Guys Epiphany. We wont know till Monday, and even then I will not trust the answer what ever it is. The Air Force has a remarkable way to make things work when they want them to. The general rules may not apply here at all, or may be waived "in the best interest of the Air Force" Or they may well say in Air Forcese "Sucks to be You" They are pretty good at that last one...

Well its Monday morning and the answer so far is "no, you cannot move" So now thoughts have turned from beer and bratwurst to buying a big ol island for my kitchen to make it more user friendly and finding a reputable rat terrier breeder...





By the way, anybody recognize the castle? You should! The bridge was washed out and we had to stay the night...

5 comments:

  1. So, does that mean you folks are staying in Fort Jackson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its looking more and more likely. I will be sorry not to live in Europe one more time, but the thought of not having to deal with another move has charms of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did, I did I did recognize that it was one of the castles in Germany.That's quite a fete for me1 I'm sorry that you will not be going because you really wanted it. God must be planing a real doozey for ya'll.Kellie, I am so proud of you. You always seem to try to see the best of every situation. I have to admit as mama I'm not so unhappy about it. Ultimately, I want for you what you want for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berg Colmberg? Did I spell that right! That sure does look familiar! I remember driving up to it in the "Mystery Machine"! That was such an adventure! I learned to love o-dark-thirty on that trip1 It always meant a new adventure! Now it is o-dark-thirty and another day of drudgery! Sorry that a European adventure is out! Strange though the Air Force sounds so much like Public Education!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Possibly looking for a new dog??

    ReplyDelete